Draft Profile: Georgia CB DJ Daniel
Measurables: 6’1 190
Georgia’s DJ Daniel has put in the work and now it is time for him to showcase his abilities at the Reese’s Senior Bowl. Daniel’s is a corner who has the build and athleticism to make a long career in the NFL. DJ was primed to head to top D1 programs but grades were an issue. He took that as a challenge and headed to Georgia Military College and became a four-star JUCO prospect. Additionally, he was ranked as the #6 JUCO prospect nationally, #2 ranked JUCO cornerback and #1 JUCO prospect in the state of Georgia.
As soon as he got to Georgia, Coach Kirby Smart knew he had his guy. Starting CB Tyson Campbell went out due to injury and Daniel stepped up in a big way. Teams tried to pick on him but he was up for the challenge. He lived up to the JUCO hype and was being talked up as a 2nd round pick prior to the 2020 season. DJ is really aggressive to the ball and has the size and speed to build a starting CB in today’s NFL.
Career Stats via, ESPN
- 2019 v Auburn: 6 Tackles and 1 Pass Defended
- 2019 v Notre Dame: 5 Tackles and 1 Pass Defended
- Size and range;
- compete, compete, compete;
- play recognition and timing;
- solid tackler and comes up to clean up plays;
- 4.4 speed and good hip mobility;
- great hand fighter and attacking the ball;
- good pedal and footwork;
- has stepped up against huge competition including Justin Jefferson, Ja’Marr Chase, Terrace Marshall, Chase Claypool, and Van Jefferson.
- In 2019, DJ replaced Campbell after an injury; however, in 2020, Campbell reclaimed his spot and DJ had less opportunities;
- though his 2020 tape is limited, his tape in 2019 was enough for Matt Miller to project him as a second round pick;
- like most college prospects transitioning to the NFL, he will need to adjust on how much jersey pulling you can do.
I will be interviewing DJ this Friday, January 20 and will have that posted on my social media pages and on 4thandJawns media pages as well.
For more draft content, feel free to check out the 4th and Jawn social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube! You can find all of my content at the profile listed below (@mallee_chris_24) on Twitter. We have a ton of content related to the draft on the way.