Week 3 Fantasy Football Rankings
23 September 2020 Fantasy Football
Well, what’s up everyone? Wednesday is here and I hope that all of your waiver claims were answered with a positive receipt and you’re tinkering with your lineups as we speak. There’s, more than likely, not a single lineup in fantasy football that wasn’t hit with the injury bug in week 2 but, we got you on Tuesday’s with our waiver wire report. Here at 4th and Jawn, we’re here for the people. As you tinker away, take a look at our Week 3 lineup rankings.
- Russell Wilson vs. DAL
- Kyler Murray vs. DET
- Josh Allen vs. LAR
- Lamar Jackson vs. KC
- Patrick Mahomes @ BAL
- Tom Brady @ DEN
- Gardner Minshew vs. MIA
- Matt Ryan vs. CHI
- Mitchell Trubisky @ ATL
- Ryan Tannehill @ MIN
- Ryan Fitzpatrick @ JAX
- Joe Burrow @ PHI
Let’s go over some small notes here:
- The Dallas Cowboys have given up the tenth most yards, tenth highest QBR and four passing touchdowns in 2020.
- Currently QB11, Lamar Jackson is averaged 22.5 points-per-game. That’s nearly 8 points more than RB11.
- Gardner Minshew has scored more points in 2020 than Lamar Jackson, and only 4 points less than Patrick Mahomes.
- Minshew gets to face the 7th worst passing defense, allowing the highest quarterback rating, and 4 passing TD’s while Mahomes and Jackson must face each other.
- Dalvin Cook vs. TEN 13. Joe Mixon @ PHI
- Derrick Henry @ MIN 14. Clyde Edwards-Helaire @ BAL
- Aaron Jones @ NO 15. Melvin Gordon vs. TB
- Kenyan Drake vs. DET 16. Chris Carson vs. DAL
- Miles Sanders vs. CIN 17. Kareem Hunt vs. WAS
- Ezekiel Elliott @ SEA 18. Mark Ingram vs. KC
- Josh Jacobs @ NE 19. Leonard Fournette @ DEN
- Jonathon Taylor vs. NYJ 20. James Robinson vs. MIA
- Nick Chubb vs. WAS 21. Jerrick McKinnon @ NYG
- Alvin Kamara vs. GB 22. David Johnson @ PIT
- James Conner vs. HOU 23. David Montgomery @ ATL
- Austin Ekeler vs. CAR 24. James White @ LVR
With the injuries sustained to Saquon Barkley and Christian McCaffrey made this one of the most difficult rankings I’ve ever done. Dalvin Cook is top tier talent (drafted as QB4) and has a positive matchup landing him in our top spot. On the flip side, Alvin Kamara is top tier talent with an atrocious matchup. This week, after the top 8-10 running backs it’s all about the positive matchups. One running back I would love to avoid is David Johnson. I’m very much out on all things Houston this week. The linebackers have the speed to contain Deshaun Watson, a defensive front that has allowed 3.2 yards-per-carry and as a whole have only missed one total tackle in two games.
- Deandre Hopkins vs. DET 13. Juju Smith-Schuster vs. HOU
- Mike Evans @ DEN 14. Keenan Allen vs. CAR
- Allen Robinson @ ATL 15. Marquise Brown vs. KC
- Amari Cooper @ SEA 16. D.K. Metcalf vs. DAL
- Tyler Lockett vs. DAL 17. Davante Parker @ JAX
- Julio Jones vs. CHI 18. Odell Beckham Jr. vs. WAS
- Cooper Kupp @ BUF 19. Diontae Johnson vs. HOU
- Calvin Ridley vs. CHI 20. Robert Woods @ BUF
- Tyreek Hill @ BAL 21. Corey Davis @ MIN
- Terry McLauren @ CLE 22. A.J. Green @ PHI
- Chris Godwin @ DEN 23. Adam Thielen vs. TEN
- Julian Edelman vs. LVR 24. Keelan Cole vs. MIA
On the inverse to the running backs, I was able to come up with this ranking in just three pieces of paper being ripped up instead of five! Check out some nuggets below:
- Julian Edelman is currently WR8, without scoring a single touchdown on the year.
- Mike Evans and Chris Godwin were the only teammates ever to finish as WR3 and WR2 respectively in a fantasy season.
- Calvin Ridley is on pace to have 128 receptions, 1,912 receiving yards and 32 touchdowns.
- This still wouldn’t be enough to break Michael Thomas’ single season reception record (149) or Calvin Johnson’s single season receiving yard record (1,964 yards).
- Mark Andrews vs. KC
- Darren Waller @ NE
- Zach Ertz vs. CIN
- Travis Kelce @ BAL
- Jonnu Smith @ MIN
- Mo Alie-Cox vs. NYJ
- Evan Engram vs. SF
- Tyler Higbee @ BUF
- Mike Gesicki @ JAX
- Hayden Hurst vs. CHI
- Hunter Henry vs. CAR
- Noah Fant vs. TB
Two of the members mentioned in the Waiver Wire Report and our Streamers and Sleepers segment as well, Jonnu Smith must be added in all formats. Ever since AJ Brown has went down, Jonnu Smith has filled the void in the heart of Ryan Tannehill. Additionally, Mo Alie-Cox is a must add this week, and until further notice, after a 6 reception, 115 yard explosion in Week 2 and going into a VERY favorable matchup against Minnesota in Week 3. With Anthony Barr on IR with a torn pectoral muscle, expect Mo Alie-Cox to have a BIG week. Inversely, I don’t feel all that comfortable starting Noah Fant this week. Even though he has scored a touchdown in both weeks this season, even one from now quarterback Jeff Driskell in week 2, he is going up against a very talented linebacking core with Devin White and Lavonte David likely to pull coverage duty on Fant this week.
If you’ve reached this point in the article, I know you’re only here for one thing. THE DEFENSIVE START OF THE WEEK BABY! Let’s go! Everyone loves D/ST plays but this week especially. The Pittsburgh Steelers are going against a Texans team that they match up very well with. A defensive front allowing just 3.2 yards-per-carry, the athleticism to put outside contains on Deshaun Watson with the presence of Cam Hayward to pressure up the middle, I expect a long day for the Texans offense.
Follow me on Twitter at @bsokowoski for 24 hour updates on all things fantasy football!