Eagles player power rankings: Week 9 edition
8 November 2016 Eagles News
The Eagles fall to 0-3 in the division after losing to the New York Giants 28-23. The offense was moving the ball pretty well after bouncing back from two early turnovers. However, the defense struggled. They let up four touchdowns to Eli Manning and the Giants. It is a game I would rather forget.
Let’s see how this week’s game shook up the player power rankings.
- Carson Wentz-(Same) – Wentz will forever be the number one player on the offense, solely because he is the offense. I am not going to lie, he had a poor game. He missed throws and even had two interceptions. Somehow, he did manage to throw for 364 yard and break another franchise record. We will not see his full potential until the Eagles establish a run game and get him another weapon.
- Jason Peters-(Same) – Like always, Peters does a great job protecting Carson Wentz’s blind side. He is very reliable and has been my number two ranked offensive player all season.
- Darren Sproles-(Up 1 spot)- The 33-year old running back is the Eagles go to back. He did have 13 carries for 57 yards. He also almost took a punt return to the house. On offense, he is the Eagles best weapon. However, he is not the real answer at running back. The Eagles need to find that answer.
- Brandon Brooks-(Down 1 spot)- Solid as ever in the game versus the Giants. Brooks proves he is worth every single penny.
- Zach Ertz-(New to list)- Ertz manged to pull in eight receptions for 97 yards. He caught every pass thrown his way. When the Eagles used him, he was very effective. He needs to get into the endzone this week to really boost his confidence. However, we saw some very encouraging signs.
- Brandon Graham-(Same)- Is Brandon Graham even blockable? Every snap he was in, the Giants struggled to block him. His stat line does not reflect his effect on the game, he only managed one tackle. Graham has become one of the best defensive ends under Jim Schwartz.
- Jordan Hicks-(Up 3 spots)- In total, Hicks racked up seven tackles and one interception. His INT, gave the Eagles a great shot of winning the game. Hicks is a beast out there. He is great in pass coverage and he is everywhere on the field. Chip Kelly did good drafting him last season.
- Rodney McLeod-(Down 1 spot)- He did not have too much of an impact in the game versus the Giants. It was a rare, quiet night from McLeod.
- Nigel Bradham-(New to list)- Bradham is always one of the Eagles best tacklers. Versus the Giants, he racked up a team high ten total tackles. Like Hicks, he flies around the field.
- Nolan Carroll– (New to list)- What an interception by Carroll. He somehow ripped the ball out of Odell Beckham’s hands. On a day where the secondary struggled, Carroll was the shining star. He was solid all game for the Eagles.
Mandatory Photo Credit: William Hauser-USA TODAY Sports