Eagles Player Power Rankings: Week eight edition
31 October 2016 Eagles News
This game was very hard to swallow. The Eagles fell to the Cowboys after really winning the game in all aspects. A few errors and more importantly a few coaching errors cost the Eagles the game. There has been a big shake-up in the player power rankings, let’s get right to it.
- Carson Wentz-(Same) – Although he did not throw a pass more than 20 yards versus the Cowboys, he was still very effective. In a clash verse two rookie quarterbacks, Wentz won the individual dual. Although he only averaged 4.7 yards a pass, that is not on him, that is on the playcalling. Wentz finished the game 32 of 43 for 202 yards and one touchdown. If the Eagles want to get the best out of Wentz, they need to get him a weapon or utilize their personal in a different way. For now, he stays at number one.
- Jason Peters-(Same) – Like always, Peters does a great job protecting Carson Wentz’s blind side. He is very reliable and has been my number two ranked offensive player all season.
- Brandon Brooks-(Up 1 Spot)- I graded Brooks one spot higher this week because my philosophy with lineman is if you do not hear that players name all game, he is doing a good job. He was very good versus the Cowboys. He is a rock at the right guard position.
- Darren Sproles-(New to list) – Sproles is arguably the Eagles best offensive weapon. He was the Eagles go to player and running back last night. Sproles racked up 86 yards rushing on 15 carries. He was very good running the football. Ask yourself this, Is it concerning that he is the Eagles best running back and offensive weapon?
- Jordan Matthews-(New to list) – In a struggling group of wide receivers, Matthews is the only reliable one. Matthews had a career-high 11 receptions for 65 yards and one touchdown. He had a few drops, but overall a solid game from him.
Players who missed out: Dorial Green-Beckham and Big V
- Brandon Graham-(Up 3 Spots)- Graham was an absolute monster this week. He totaled an impressive 11 quarterback pressures, eight hurries, and three hits. According to PFF, Graham was the best player in the NFL this week. He is a beast.
- Rodney McLeod-(Down 1 spot)- He is a tackling machine. Through eight weeks, he still leads the Eagles in tackles and interceptions. Without the great performance by Graham, McLeod would be the best defensive player in these rankings.
- Malcolm Jenkins-(Down 1 spot)- Like McLeod, Jenkins fell because of the outstanding outing by Graham. Jenkins was second in tackles with eight. He was everywhere. He is a premier safety and is arguably one of the best in the league in his position.
- Jalen Mills-(New to list)- Mills played a lot in the slot position and did very well. He held one of the better slot receivers to literally nothing all game. The one big play he gave up was on a Dak scramble. When a quarterback scrambles, it is very hard to stay with the receiver. Mills has yet to give up a touchdown this season. He even made a nice play in the end zone against Dez Bryant. He is turning into a very good player.
- Jordan Hicks– (New to list)- Hicks is the Cowboy Killer. Again, he made another big play for the Eagles with that early interception. In back to back weeks, Hicks has played very well for the Eagles. He is a very good middle linebacker.
Players who missed out: Fletcher Cox, Nigel Bradham (Shows how good this defense is)
Overall best player on the Eagles right now is Brandon Graham. He is constantly putting pressure on the oppsoing quarterback. Right now, you can easily argue that he is the best defensive player in the league. He is playing really good football at the moment.
Mandatory Photo Credit: Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports