Eagles Gameday: Facts and Stats
30 October 2016 Eagles News
Tonight, the Eagles take on their arch-rival the Dallas Cowboys. This game is a key matchup between two very impressive rookie quarterbacks. Here are some Eagles facts and statistics that are worth noting.
- The Eagles defense is 5th against the pass and 14th against the run
- Against the run, the Eagles allow around 102 yards a game
- The Cowboys come into this game averaging 161 yards a game
- The Eagles average 111 yards rushing a game
- Eagles safety Rodney McLeod leads the team in tackles (43) and interceptions (3)
- Brandon Graham and Fletcher Cox lead the Eagles in sacks with 4
- Jordan Matthews lead the Eagles in receiving with 354 yards
- Jordan Matthews 106.5 yards a game last year when playing the Cowboys
- Ryan Mathews leads the Eagles in rushing averaging just 44 yards a game
- Ryan Mathews has 67 carries for 262 yards and 3 touchdowns this season
- On average, the Eagles score 26 points a game and rack up 322 yards a game
- The Eagles have only let up 88 points this year, an average of 14.7 a game
- The Eagles allow on average 307 yards a game, that is good enough to be the fifth best in that category
- Carson Wentz comes into the game with 1324 yards and 8 touchdowns
- With one touchdown today, Carson Wentz will break the Eagles’ franchise record for the most passing touchdowns by a rookie quarterback (9).
- The Eagles are 5-1 in the last 6 meetings versus Dallas.
Hope some of these statistics and facts are helpful. Here is to hoping the Eagles win! Fly Eagles Fly!